Leonid Reyzin's Research Papers (And a Few Talks) Approximately by Date of First Appearance
(click here to get them sorted by topic instead)
Compact Certificates of Collective Knowledge by Silvio Micali, Leonid Reyzin, Georgios Vlachos, Riad S. Wahby, and Nickolai Zeldovich
Aardvark: A Concurrent Authenticated Dictionary with Short Proofs by Derek Leung, Yossi Gilad, Sergey Gorbunov, Leonid Reyzin, and Nickolai Zeldovich
Can a Public Blockchain Keep a Secret? by Fabrice Benhamouda, Craig Gentry, Sergey Gorbunov, Shai Halevi, Hugo Krawczyk, Tal Rabin, and Leonid Reyzin.
Pointproofs: Aggregating Proofs for Multiple Vector Commitments by Sergey Gorbunov, Leonid Reyzin, Hoeteck Wee, and Zhenfei Zhang. To appear in ACM CCS 2020.
A Survey of Leakage-Resilient Cryptography by Yael Tauman Kalai and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Providing Sound Foundations for Cryptography:
On the work of Shafi Goldwasser and Silvio Micali, a volume edited by Oded Goldreich.
Turning HATE Into LOVE: Homomorphic Ad Hoc Threshold Encryption for Scalable MPC by Leonid Reyzin, Adam Smith, and Sophia Yakoubov.
A Comparative Evaluation of Order-Preserving and Order-Revealing Schemes and Protocols by Dmytro Bogatov, George Kollios, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in VLDB 2019. Implementation Available
Certifying RSA Public Keys with an Efficient NIZK by Sharon Goldberg, Leonid Reyzin, Omar Sagga, and Foteini Baldimtsi. Appears in Asiacrypt 2019.
- Fiat-Shamir and Correlation Intractability from Strong KDM-Secure Encryption by Ran Canetti, Yilei Chen, Leonid Reyzin, and Ron D. Rothblum. Appears in Eurocrypt 2018.
- Fuzzy Password-Authenticated Key Exchange by Pierre-Alain Dupont, Julia Hesse, David Pointcheval, Leonid Reyzin, and Sophia Yakoubov. Appears in Eurocrypt 2018.
- A Unified Framework for Trapdoor-Permutation-Based Sequential Aggregate Signatures by Craig Gentry, Adam O'Neill, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in PKC 2018. Talk slides: pptx pdf.
- Beyond Hellman's Time-Memory Trade-Offs with Applications to Proofs of Space by Hamza Abusalah, Joël Alwen, Bram Cohen, Danylo Khilko, Krzysztof Pietrzak, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Asiacrypt 2017
- Making NSEC5 practical for DNSSEC by Dimitrios Papadopoulos and Duane Wessels and Shumon Huque and Moni Naor and Jan Včelák and Leonid Reyzin and Sharon Goldberg.
NSEC5 Project Page;
VRF internet draft; reference implementation;
more secure implementation
- Accumulators with Applications to Anonymity-Preserving Revocation by
Foteini Baldimtsi, Jan Camenisch, Maria Dubovitskaya, Anna Lysyanskaya, Leonid Reyzin, Kai Samelin, and Sophia Yakoubov. Appears in EuroS&P 2017.
- Scrypt is Maximally Memory-Hard by Joël Alwen, Binyi Chen, Krzysztof Pietrzak, Leonid Reyzin, and Stefano Tessaro. Appears in Eurocrypt 2017 (Best Paper Award winner). My talk given at Charles River Crypto Day (Dec. 2016)
- Improving Authenticated Dynamic Dictionaries, with Applications to Cryptocurrencies by Leonid Reyzin, Dmitry Meshkov, Alexander Chepurnoy, and Sasha Ivanov. Appears in Financial Cryptography 2017.
Slides and video of my talk at Real World Crypto 2017.
- On the Memory-Hardness of Data-Independent Password-Hashing Functions by Joël Alwen, Peter Gaži, Chethan Kamath, Karen Klein, Georg Osang, Krzysztof Pietrzak, Leonid Reyzin, Michal Rolínek, and Michal Rybár. Appears in AsiaCCS 2018
- Efficient Asynchronous Accumulators for Distributed PKI by Leonid Reyzin and Sophia Yakoubov. Appears in SCN 2016.
- Wyner's Wire-Tap Channel, Forty Years Later, invited talk I gave at TCC 2015 that provides the historical context for fuzzy extractors and also explains the two papers below.
- When are Fuzzy Extractors Possible by Benjamin Fuller, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith. Appears in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 66(8): 5282-5298 (2020) (preliminary version in Asiacrypt 2016).
- Reusable Fuzzy Extractors for Low-Entropy Distributions by Ran Canetti, Benjamin Fuller, Omer Paneth, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith. To appear in Journal of Cryptology (preliminary version in Eurocrypt 2016).
On the Correlation Intractability of Obfuscated Pseudorandom Functions by Ran Canetti, Yilei Chen, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in TCC 2016-A.
- NSEC5: Provably Preventing DNSSEC Zone Enumeration by Sharon Goldberg, Moni Naor, Dimitrios Papadopoulos, Leonid Reyzin, Sachin Vasant, and Asaf Ziv. Appears in NDSS 2015.
NSEC5 Project Page
- Amplifying Privacy in Privacy Amplification by Divesh Aggarwal, Yevgeniy Dodis, Zahra Jafargholi, Eric Miles, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in CRYPTO 2014.
- From the Consent of the Routed: Improving the Transparency of the RPKI by
Ethan Heilman, Danny Cooper, Leonid Reyzin, and Sharon Goldberg. Appears in SIGCOMM 2014. Implementation available.
- On the Risk of Misbehaving RPKI Authorities by
Danny Cooper, Ethan Heilman, Kyle Brogle, Leonid Reyzin, and Sharon Goldberg. Appears in HotNets-XII
Computational Fuzzy Extractors by
Benjamin Fuller, Xianrui Meng, and Leonid Reyzin. To appear in Information and Computation (preliminary version in ASIACRYPT 2013).
- A Unified Approach to Deterministic Encryption: New Constructions and a Connection to Computational Entropy by Benjamin Fuller, Adam O'Neill, and Leonid Reyzin. Journal of Cryptology (preliminary version in TCC 2012).
© by the authors. More details of the computational entropy part are in this paper by Benjamin Fuller and Leonid Reyzin.
- Some Notions of Entropy for Cryptography,
a short survey paper and invited talk (slides available) at ICITS 2011.
Sequential Aggregate Signatures with Lazy Verification for S-BGP, by Kyle Brogle, Sharon Goldberg, and Leonid Reyzin
(includes an implementation). Information and Computation (preliminary version in ASIACRYPT 2012). © by the authors.
Privacy amplification with asymptotically optimal entropy loss, by Nishanth Chandran, Bhavana Kanukurthi, Rafail Ostrovsky, and Leonid Reyzin. Journal of the ACM 61(5), 2014 (preliminary version in STOC 2010). © by the authors.
Authenticated Index Structures for Aggregation
by Feifei Li, Marios Hadjieleftheriou, George Kollios, and Leonid Reyzin.
ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC) 13(4), 2010. Implementation available.
- Protecting Circuits from Computationally-Bounded and Noisy Leakage by Sebastian Faust, Tal Rabin, Leonid Reyzin, Eran Tromer, and Vinod Vaikuntanathan. SIAM Journal on Computing 43(5), 2014 (preliminary version in Eurocrypt 2010). © by the authors.
- Key Agreement from Close Secrets over Unsecured Channels by Bhavana Kanukurthi and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Eurocrypt 2009. © by the authors.
- Indifferentiability of Permutation-Based Compression
Functions and Tree-Based Modes of Operation, with Applications to MD6
Yevgeniy Dodis, Leonid Reyzin,
Ronald L. Rivest,
and Emily Shen. Appears in FSE 2009.
- Saving Private Randomness in One-Way Functions and Pseudorandom Generators by
Nenad Dedić, Danny Harnik, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in TCC 2008.
- Conditional Computational Entropy, or Toward Separating
Pseudoentropy from Compressibility by Chun-Yuan Hsiao, Chi-Jen Lu, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Eurocrypt 2007.
A Brief Survey of Results from 2004 to 2006 by Yevgeniy Dodis, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith. Appears as a chapter in Security with Noisy Data.
Robust Fuzzy Extractors and Authenticated Key Agreement from Close Secrets,
by Yevgeniy Dodis, Bhavana Kanukurthi, Jonathan Katz, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith.
Appears in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2012, merging results from Crypto 2006 and SCN 2008 papers.
© by the authors.
Dynamic Authenticated Index Structures for Outsourced Databases,
by Feifei Li, Marios Hadjieleftheriou, George Kollios, and Leonid Reyzin.
Appears in SIGMOD 2006. Implementation available.
Mercurial Commitments with Applications to Zero-Knowledge Sets
by Melissa Chase, Alexander Healy, Anna Lysyanskaya, Tal Malkin, and Leonid Reyzin.
Appears in Eurocrypt 2005 and Journal of Cryptology 2013.
Upper and Lower Bounds on Black-Box Steganography
by Nenad Dedić, Gene Itkis, Leonid Reyzin, and Scott Russell. Appears
in Journal of Cryptology; preliminary version appears
in TCC 2005.
A Note On the Statistical Difference of Small Direct Products by Leonid Reyzin
Appears as BUCS-TR-2004-032, 2004.
Finding Collisions on a Public Road, or
Do Secure Hash Functions Need Secret Coins by Chun-Yuan Hsiao and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Crypto 2004.
Sequential Aggregate Signatures from Trapdoor Permutations by Anna Lysyanskaya, Silvio Micali, Leonid Reyzin, and Hovav Shacham. Appears in Eurocrypt 2004.
How to Generate Strong Keys from Biometrics and Other Noisy Data by Yevgeniy Dodis, Rafail Ostrovsky, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith. In SIAM Journal on Computing, 2008. Preliminary version appears in Eurocrypt 2004 ((Test-of-Time Award winner). Implementation available. You may also want to see the related survey.
Physically Observable Cryptography by Silvio Micali and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in TCC 2004 (Test-of-Time Award winner).
Breaking and Repairing Optimistic Fair Exchange from PODC
2003 by Yevgeniy Dodis and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in DRM 2003.
- An Improved Pseudorandom Generator Based on Hardness of
Factoring by Nenad Dedić, Leonid Reyzin, and Salil Vadhan. Appears
in SCN 2002.
- On the Power of Claw-Free Permutations by Yevgeniy Dodis and Leonid Reyzin. Appears
in SCN 2002.
- Forward-Secure Signatures with Fast Key Update by Anton Kozlov and Leonid Reyzin. Appears
in SCN 2002.
- SiBIR: Signer-Base Intrusion-Resilient Signatures
by Gene Itkis and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Crypto 2002.
Better than Biba: Short One-Time Signatures with Fast Signing and Verifying by Leonid Reyzin and Natan Reyzin. Appears in ACISP 2002.
Mutually Independent Commitments by Moses Liskov, Anna Lysyanskaya, Silvio Micali, Leonid Reyzin, and Adam Smith. Appears in Asiacrypt 2001.
Accountable-Subgroup Multisignatures by Silvio
Micali, Kazuo Ohta, and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in ACM CCS 2001.
Forward-Secure Signatures with Optimal Signing and Verifying by Gene Itkis and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Crypto 2001.
Zero-Knowledge with Public Keys. My MIT Ph.D. thesis, 2001. It mostly consists of the results in the following two papers:
A New Forward-Secure Digital Signature Scheme by
Michel Abdalla and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Asiacrypt 2000.
On the Round Security of Symmetric-Key Cryptographic Primitives by Zulfikar Ramzan and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Crypto 2000.
Improving the Exact Security of Digital Signature Schemes by Silvio Micali and Leonid Reyzin. Appears in Journal of Cryptology, 2002 (prior version appears in CQRE [Secure] '99).
Signing with Partially Adversarial Hashing by Silvio Micali and Leonid Reyzin. Appears as MIT/LCS/TM-575, 1998.
Verifying Membership in NP-languages, or How to Avoid Reading Long Proofs. My Harvard honors senior thesis, 1996.